Tascam US 122 - Noise problem

Gaz

Has anyone else experienced really bad noise problems when connecting the Line outputs of the US 122 to sound systems.

As well as the noise I also get buzzing and I can hear the hard drive working in my laptop(PC) without any software running and with software running. I cannot hear the problem in headphones pluged into the US 122. I have tried different sound systems and diferent audio leads and the problem is always the same.

I have a gig in 10 days and need this resolved.

Any help to find a solution would be greatly appreciated. I am a novice to all this and a new member of this forum - so please laymans speak required.

Gaz

Sounds like you're the victim of a nasty ground loop. Try to disconnect your lappie from the mains and see if it helps. If the noise's gone, then that's a ground loop.

I've heard that some people solved the problem by opening their laptop and disconnecting the ground pins of the USB socket from the ground of the laptop itslef.

But that calls for a confirmation from experienced people.

Thanks for the advise Schnoops - I don't really understand why this should be so, but I will give it a try on battery power.

I have this same problem...can I take it somewhere and get it fixed? Or is it easy enough for someone like me to do? I unplugged it and it worked fine, but my battery runs out quick, and I can't keep it unplugged for too long. Especially when working on music.

Help would be appreciated!

Tascam Us122

Hello,
Ive got the same problem I but I need to run it on a desktop computer
I have done every thing from disconecting my hardrive to running it all (including the mixer and amp) on a big ups And still crackaling and pops and hardrive noise.
Im wondering if I make a usb lead and disconnect the ground??? any ideas
This problem only seems to happen if I run it through a mixer
Just for interest I took the unit and pluged it in to a hifi system and turned it up full blast NO Noise! WHY I know the desk is not noisey because if I crank the gain up on any synths I mite just get a bit of a hiss thats all

Back