sweetnubs ventures into staples

sweetnubs

hey there, has anybody here hear about staples rebates? here, here! well let me tell you something or other, they are currently selling ata133/7200 rpm 8 mb cache 160 gig maxtor hard drives for $99 including rebates. i was wondering if anybody here as actually purchased something from staples? come now don't be embarrassed. It's the first time I've ever ventured into one and it's 3 blocks from my bachelor love pad. Do they actually honor their rebates and send them in a timely manner, i.e. do You keep having to call them and they say something along the lines of "sorry we lost your rebate form?" and finally after sending in three you get your rebate 6 months later. I could definately use these large drives for storage, not as main daw drives however. so what's the word bird? nerd? turd? word! (p.s. the 30 gigs ar going for $29 with rebate)

Good rebate programs. The service is dogshit though. Occassionaly you'll get repackaged goods too, I've even seen them doing it. I think their return policy on computer stuff is 14 days.

The good news is that Maxtor has a good return policy if the drive goes defective...pretty painless. However, I think they may have shortened the warranty from 3 years to 1 (as many manufacturers have).

Slackmaster 2000

Compusa had the deal on the same drive, and I just picked up one of those for my Mac G4. I went nutz that week on rebate stuff, and am waiting on like $400 in rebates. Now, they have a deal to get a 200GB Maxtor 8mb cache drive for $150, but I'm not horny enough for it to wait on a damn $150 rebate.

I like Staples though. I got three cases of free paper because they delivered the wrong type (laser, and I needed inkjet). They came out with the right stuff, and the driver told me to keep the other paper because he was too damn lazy to take it back with him. haha Gotsta love that!

Back