Superior Drummer Crashing

andrushkiwt

I have my SD files on a WD Elements external drive. When using the SD plugin within my project, it takes a few seconds for a new kit piece to load. If I wait until the progress loading bar, top right of the plugin, fills up, I'm good to go. But I occasionally forget and "hit" the newly selected piece before it loads, causing the entire DAW to crash.

So, if I have a loop playing while I audition kit pieces, you can see the trouble. I have to stop the loop, pick my piece, wait for it to load, then play the loop again. Doesn't even have to be a loop...can just be clicking the piece to audition it, and it crashes if it hasn't yet fully loaded.

Anyone else experience this? Is the EX Drive taking too long to respond, as in, it's out of the ordinary for it to take that long?

I think your external drive must be really slow. But usually when I load SD, I wait for everything to load in the plugin. Now, I audition, I usually use their loops for the sound. But I can't say I have every tried to play SD while it is loading.

Back