Studio One - Changing the grid increment

revnice1

I'm trying to change the grid increment. At the moment, I've got quarter notes and I'd like to snap to eights or smaller. I've tried everything that looked obvious and I RTFM but nothing changed.

How is it done?

Thanks - rev

>Does this apply to your version...
Yes it does, thanks for that. I might have been a little hasty.

If I changed it from 1/4 notes to 1/8 notes, I was expecting to see more lines on the grid - I had succeeded but the display of grid didn't change so I thought it wasn't working.

Sometimes I get turned around with that because the lines don't register the same in my mind when zooming in and out ?

I'm impatient because I work fast. When you click to place the cursor, it seems to take five minutes to appear!

For me, the scrolling speed needs to be increased about 3 fold. If I put a weight on the mouse I could go for a cocktail and back before it reached the end of the song.

True, but it's not difficult to make the scrolling speed exponential. The further you move the mouse, left or right, the faster it scrolls.

That works for everyone.

Have you tried speeding up the mouse scroll settings within Windows? This may improve your DAW experience, even if Studio One is lagging a little.

Back