Studio One 5 playback issues

MushCreek

I've got Studio One 5, and have been fooling around with trying to do some recording. I wrote out a score in Muse Score 3 (because I don't play piano), and managed to convert it to a file SO would accept. Great; I have an accompaniment track! But I'm having two problems. One, the pitch is sharp. It's OK when I play it back in Muse Score, but the MIDI file I recorded into SO is sharp, probably half a semi-tone. I have the slide all the way in on my trumpet, and I'm still a touch flat, using all of the lip I can muster. Why is it sharp, and how do I fix it?

Second, the playback pauses sometimes when I try to record another track. It plays back fine by itself, but when I try to lay down another track, listening to the accompaniment track in headphones, it seems to freeze occasionally for a second or two. Makes it pretty much impossible to play along when you don't know when it's going to stop! Not a fast enough computer, or? Thanks for any help and suggestions!

I don't use Studio One, so I can't help much.

However, if the midi plays at the right pitch in Muse Score, but is a half a semitone sharp in Studio One, it points to a wayward setting in Studio One. It could be playback rate setting that has been inadvertently bumped and which is playing back slightly faster (and therefore slightly higher), or it could be inadvertent pitch-shift on the track itself.

These are the first places to look.

Back