Thread: Strange Problem With My AI Streaming Video

Thanks

Strange Problem With My AI Streaming Video

Sign in to disable this ad
    I use a Zoom R16 as an AI with a Lenovo T410 with 8GB on Win7 for one of my recording setups. No problems with latency and I can get upwards of twenty tracks with moderate use of effects before I run into any issues. However.......when I use the R16 with YouTube and other streaming video I run into glitches / pops and hesitation and what seems like buffering problems with the video and audio??? If I run YouTube and other streaming video just using my PC internal card it runs fine with no issues except for lower audio quality. In both scenarios I'm running to the input of my monitors......headphone out from the PC and main / line out from the R16. I'd like to be able to use the R16 to watch videos on my PC. I get more volume...less noise....and better quality for sure.

So....since the R16 is problem free I'm not keen on making any changes to it......but am I missing something simple and obvious here? And yes....I know this is not terribly important but it's been bugging me for a while now. Thanks for any help you can lend.
    Just A Song Writer..........

Thanks
    Sometimes the manifestation of a problem can be like referred pain. So you might think that the R16 or something related to it is the issue. However, since you mention Youtube, there is a possibility that the cause is actually the video card. I don't know how accessible it is, but its worth blowing the dust out or reseating it if you can

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gecko zzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks gecko.....much appreciated. If I stream just music I usually have no issues using the R16. If I stream a live football game or anything else with any decent amount of video content........such as YouTube........I have issues only when using the R16. The PC is a laptop and I have no idea if the video card is accessible but that doesn't explain why the problem doesn't happen when I'm using only the laptop. I can stream with no issues. As soon as I use the R16 as the sound card........problems.
    Just A Song Writer..........

Thanks
    The only way to say it's the R16 is to try another interface and see if it still happens. If it does, then I'd think it's something to do with the drivers, i.e., conversion from whatever is embedded in the video to the digital format needed for the R16. Your DAW might be bypassing that by sending a format that just needs USB packaging and no extra conversion. Just a WAG.
    "... I know in the mornin' that it's gonna be good
    when I stick out my elbows and they don't bump wood." - Bill Kirchen

Thread Information