Strange Clock Issues 192 i/o

atomjack

I am trying to connect the following:

Digidesign 192 i/io as my interface with 8 channels
Presonus Digimax lt preamp
API A2D Preamp

If I connect this how it makes since (clock out being the clock source) I get signal spikes giving evidence that there is a clock issue. When I was trying every configuration I could I noticed the spikes stopped when I switched the cable from "clock in" of the Digimax into the "clock out" of the 192 i/o but with the Digimax set as the main clock source not the 192 i/o. How is this possible? What is going on with my gear? Or what am I doing wrong?

Not sure I understand what you are actually trying to do but when I connect my a set of pres digitally to my interface it’s the source pres that control the interface clock rate. Does that conflict with the manual for your equipment? I assume there’s a setting in the software that also has to match the actual h/w config. What is that set to?

Right now the Digimax is the main clock source but it only works if the BNC cables are going OUT of the 192 io and INTO the Digimax. This is the only way I can get it to work. If I choose the main clock source as internal and try to make the 192 io the master clock it gives me signal spikes. Either way, shouldn't the BNC cables go OUT of the master clock?

Back