Steinberg UR22 Issues

Valen

Hi folks,

I'm new to all this and recently invested in a Rode NT2-A, Steinberg UR22 and KRK RP5's to begin doing some home recording.

I've hit a snag with the UR22 and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

The UR22 is sending out sound fine to both my KRK RP5's, it all sounds great. However, it's only sending sound out to one side of my headphones, and is only recording one channel from my NT2-A (left KRK picks up voice fine, right just has nothing, reflects it in the recording in Cubase/Reaper/Audition too).

I can't see any switches, etc that would cause this on the box itself, so is it a driver issue? I've tried it on both my main computer and a laptop, and it's doing the same to both. I had it plugged in yesterday and everything was working fine as to the best of my knowledge, I don't think i've done anything that would throw it off since.

Possible fault? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and please forgive me if this is the wrong forum.. still getting used to it!

Hi folks,

I'm new to all this and recently invested in a Rode NT2-A, Steinberg UR22 and KRK RP5's to begin doing some home recording.

I've hit a snag with the UR22 and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

The UR22 is sending out sound fine to both my KRK RP5's, it all sounds great. However, it's only sending sound out to one side of my headphones, and is only recording one channel from my NT2-A (left KRK picks up voice fine, right just has nothing, reflects it in the recording in Cubase/Reaper/Audition too).

I can't see any switches, etc that would cause this on the box itself, so is it a driver issue? I've tried it on both my main computer and a laptop, and it's doing the same to both. I had it plugged in yesterday and everything was working fine as to the best of my knowledge, I don't think i've done anything that would throw it off since.

Possible fault? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and please forgive me if this is the wrong forum.. still getting used to it!

Pretty sure you don't have a fault V, this is the way of simple Ai's, they record left into one track, right into the other. Some AI's have a mono switch that allows headphones to give double mono but the recording is still one track only. The UR22 is a very simple, basic AI (but of very good quality by all accounts) so you won't have such a switch.

I am sure there is a way to make a double mono recording in Cubase and Reaper but I don't know it! I just use Samplitude which has the option upfront and obvious.

This is one advantage of a mixer which allows you to "pan" a single input anywhere on the soundstage.

Dave.

Thanks Dave, you've helped me out again!

Managed to get the microphone in all working order and the headphone issue was because of the headphones, so replaced them and all working fine.

Slowly learning.. slowly..

Cheers buddy :)

Back