ST Audio C-Port Audio Recording Interfaces

it really doesnt matter

they are all good.
a lot of newbies spend far too much time agonizing over these
issues like mics, preamps, soundcards.
it doesnt matter one bit because..
a. most home made songs never reach major radio stations or
b. the sound quality of both is far beyond peoples engineering capabilities.

Re: it really doesnt matter

manning1 said:
they are all good.
a lot of newbies spend far too much time agonizing over these
issues like mics, preamps, soundcards.

oh boy....here we go again. there was an equally ridiculous statement made a month or 2 ago on this board.

manning1 said:
it doesnt matter one bit because..
a. most home made songs never reach major radio stations or

who cares? if that's your goal that's fine. I could care less if the stuff that I record ever makes it to the radio, etc. - but I still strive to make the best sounding recording that I can. mics, preamps, and converters CAN make a difference. take this from someone who started out digitally recording with an SBLive! soundcard and plastic radioshack mic and now records with a presonus firestation and professonal quality mics. It does make a difference... Also, there's much more to musical life than 'airplay' on major radio stations - that is the most myopic statement that I've heard in a long time. I know plenty of people making a living recording at 'home' making great sounding music and making a living doing it...

manning1 said:
b. the sound quality of both is far beyond peoples engineering capabilities.

bullshit! I personally know enough people with home studios that are great engineers and produce some amazing music in their home studio.

adolescents asked a legitimate question and you attempt to just shoot him down and say it's irrelevant...why bother? do you feel better now:rolleyes:

rant over

yeah man what an insult. i thought my latest recording i posted in the mixing clinic was pretty decent. I was using a digi002 and i dont want to step any lower hardware-wise.

well anyone else? Are these interfaces any good?

thanks,
T

and as a matter of fact these my MP3's HAVE been going to the radio...

the last CD i recorded, by a band named Colour is already on a few college radio stations...

dont say it's just a lost cause since i dont have 20389123490578125 dollars to spend on equipment and since i dont have as much experience or knowledge as the big guys.

T

I owned the ST Audio C-port for while.It uses the same converters as a couple of other similar products. I can't remember what they are, but a quick search of C-Port reviews on the Internet will tell you.

Regardless, I had no problem with them. I even sold them to a collaboration buddy of mine when I was switching platforms.

The only caution I would issue is to read the compatability issues in ST Audio's support area carefully. Their stuff tends to be very picky about MB chipsets, IRQs and PCI slots.

Best of luck to you!

-Rick

i'm still debating on spending the money to record bands and the cport is a good buy in my opinion plus ignore manning1....his girl probably cheated on him and broke the bed killing his cat underneath it and he has a vindetta against anyone who wants to be happy

distorted rumble

some listen some dont. up to you.
i thought i knew it all as well when i started out in recording so many years ago, until ....well never mind

Back