SSL Plug-ins Competing with Everyone Else's SSL Plug-ins?

jmz93

Here we go... yet another company offering SSL emulations in plug-in form. Oh wait, it's SSL themselves!
So, do these sound better or worse than the Waves, UA, or other emulations?

I've honestly never sat down in front of a real SSL console and played around, so I guess really, I'm wondering two things.
1. Which SSL plug-in sounds most like the actual hardware and, more important for me anyway is,

2. Which plain sounds best?

Solid State Logic | News

Oh and I have to put a word in for "The Glue", by Cytomic Software. It only costs $99, and to my ear at least, sounds like a great master bus compressor.
Cytomic | Sound Music Software

Here we go... yet another company offering SSL emulations in plug-in form. Oh wait, it's SSL themselves!
So, do these sound better or worse than the Waves, UA, or other emulations?

I've honestly never sat down in front of a real SSL console and played around, so I guess really, I'm wondering two things.
1. Which SSL plug-in sounds most like the actual hardware and, more important for me anyway is,

2. Which plain sounds best?

Solid State Logic | News

Oh and I have to put a word in for "The Glue", by Cytomic Software. It only costs $99, and to my ear at least, sounds like a great master bus compressor.
Cytomic | Sound Music Software

the glue is fantastic and a no-brainer for its price. it sounds like the hardware SSL 4K compressor.

Back