Splitting a track into frequencies

That's not really how it's used in industry anymore. Mostly, it just means "the algorithm was trained on a large data set and is in some ways self-writing"
Of course, how your average dev house is going to use it just means "uses Google's API for object recognition in photos" or "uses a standard 'machine learning library' but only with our own small data set"

Yea, I understand how it is used and you made the point. :)

But they are working on AI as the term was intended. I remember when I was working for a defense contractor back in the early 90's, they were deep into it. So they are trying to get "real" AI.

Yea, I understand how it is used and you made the point. :)

But they are working on AI as the term was intended. I remember when I was working for a defense contractor back in the early 90's, they were deep into it. So they are trying to get "real" AI.

I was a lot more optimistic about the idea of machine intelligence and the singularity in college. These days, it just doesn't seem a likely outcome. These machines are way more capable than our brains, but we can only make them hyper-focused on specific tasks

Back