Special network administrator permissions to copy audio files

I bought a desktop and when I go to share and then copy files from my old laptop to new desktop it asks for network administrator permission...I tried opening up a folder say, cubase projects in the old laptop and they will share to my new desktop but when I want to copy the files to that desktop it says I need network administrator permission.I need someone to tell me the process please...

Last edited:
Have you tried: right clicking the file and "Run as Administrator?" I assume you are on your home network and are the resident "network administrator."
Dale

I hope that is the fix for you. I assume your new PC has Win10 and my experience is that that the UAC warning is now Win 10 SoP, to keep me from making any major changes to programming and/or registry without confirming first.
Dale

I want to simply send files across same network wifi from my pc to my new desktop.they give me an option to send it through email but my gmail account won't do it..

If these project files are important, do you not have an external USB hard drive to back them up on, which would also provide a means to copy them to another computer?

If these project files are important, do you not have an external USB hard drive to back them up on, which would also provide a means to copy them to another computer?

Yes, best way ^ but Dropbox will surely work? 'King slow mind.

Dave.

That may come in the future but I've had no problems to speak of.I haven't had chance to see how this desktop acted yet.But I do have cubasele8 on it but no projects or instruments or effects vsts plugins. So I really don't know if I spent my money right..once I get it set up then I can stop to admire my first desktop(@age 70).

The administrator thing comes up in Win 10 frequently, just click through it. Can you transfer files through Wifi from one computer to another? I don't think you can even do it via ethernet connection through the router, can you?

I want to think I read somewhere that Win10 has implemented File Sharing, within a Homegroup environment, when you enable the devices discoverable and create a shared folder, kind of like Cloud sharing on you own network.
Now, I am curious to verify. I may have dreamed this. If so- I claim copyright/intellectual property. You are my witnesses. :)
Dale

Within Win 10 on a single PC you are able to create multiple user accounts with different privileges. On your C: Drive (usually),
there is a Users folder with a nested Public sub-folder. Whatever is placed within the Public folder is accessible to all users on a
single PC. I can't say if this can be utilized for wi-fi transfers between PCs as I have never had more than one PC in my network.
Easy enough to try, though.

Back