sound card quality difference..

lbcstudios

hey, just to help u out maybe.. i went to guitar center and stuff... and asked htem if they are both 96khz and 24 bit.. sb live and a 400 delta card... why is one better... the guy just said they put more research and time into it... did help me all that much...and he probably wants u to buy at his store. .. not at an online source

First of all dropout, I'm not sure what you're trying to say try some english tutoring. Whatever the message is it sounds like a big load of crap to me.

Seriously man, I can't make heads or tails out of it.

Just because two cards are both 24/96, doesn't mean they're equal.

An Audiophile and RME Hammerfall both are 24/96, but I think most would agree that RME would be better. Why? It's how the audio is converted. Better quality converters.

And yes, English would be nice.

Geez guys...Have SOME tolerance...I didn't find it THAT hard to get the gist of what he's saying...
And yep, from what I know it's the AD/DA converters and also I'd have to say each card's latency would come into it and also how adaptable they are both in terms of hardware and software...

If you are referring to the M-Audio Delta 410 card (I couldn't see a 400 on their web site) verses SB Live both being 24/96, the SB Live can't play it! The SB Audigy1 can ONLY playback 24/96, it doesn't record at that... the SB Extigy (I think) & Audigy2 can 'supposedly' record and playback 24/96.

Also... the Delta 410 has 4 in's where ther SB only has 2... the Delta also has 10 out's compared to the 2 out's be the SB.

To top it off, you will also find (as it has been said before in previous posts) is the quality of the AD/DA converters. When you look at a sound card, that is where most of the decision lies... along with the quality of the pre-amps if the cards have them.

Porter

Last edited:
Back