Sony Acid 7 or Cakewalk USB Music Pack?

mjbphotos

Sony Acid 7 or Cakewalk USB Music Pack?

Pricing is about the same.
I want something that won't take me a month to figure out how to use.
I can't imagine doing anything beyond making music for myself or to share with friends.
Won't need more than 16 tracks, but do want some internal instrument capability, I have a limited MIDI-keyboard right now.
I use a Line 6 Guitarport to input guitar to the PC as well as having the stereo keys hooked straight into the soundcard.

I like the fact that the Cakewalk package includes a mid-to-USB adapter, but they are probably inexpensive anyways?

Looking through reviews at places like Amazon and C-net hasn't got me any definitive answer yet.

ACID! i've never used cakewalk though..

Same here.. only because I've worked with Acid Music Studio for a few years now, and Cakewalk just seems like you have to learn how to use music editing programs all over again, u know?

I also have the guitarport, with the gearbox software that came with it. I figured I'd give the Riffworks software a try for about $100 (probably less now), and Riffworks is almost like Gearbox, but with a few different kinds of effects and recording. But it's NOTHING like Acid.. Acid has wayyyy more options and tools for editing!

Back