SONAR trial version

Diragor

Does anybody have the SONAR trial version, the full install with the trial plugins? I've been trying to download it from the Cakewalk site for a week and it's not happening. I can't imagine they'd let their ftp server stay down this long, I don't know what the deal is. If anyone has it and wouldn't mind sending it to me just drop me an e-mail ( reibling@pair.com ) and I'll give you an account on my ftp server to upload it, and if I have anything you would like in return I'll put it up there.

I wrote to Cakewalk a week (8/30) ago about this issue. They replied, "The trial versions are unavailable at the moment. They'll be available after 6pm EST tonight," which turned out to be 15 minutes from when I got the e-mail.

I don't think it's a server problem because you can still download patches from their site. Maybe somebody discovered a simple hack that makes their demo work forever and they don't want anymore copies out there until they have a fix, but that's just a guess.

Since Sonar wasn't available, I'm trying n-tracks instead and it seems pretty good. Also it's a lot cheaper, and it worked on W2k with no problems.

Now that I wasted time writing this -- I just checked Cakewalk's site and the Sonar demo is available again.

What jackasses, if a crack is the reason for this. They should've already known that there is ALWAYS a way to crack time-limited demo versions to make them work forever. I would consider buying their software if I could freaking try it, and I'm sure I'm not the only sale they're losing by yanking their demo offline.

good riddance

the sonar demo totally screwed my midi efx for pro audio nine don't do it unless you really really need the headache....

Back