software multi effects with routing matrix

walters

i'm looking for a software multi effects with routing matrix like a TC G force or Eventide Eclipse Rackmount Effect i like the functionality of them but i would like it in a software audio processing so i can run my audio through the computer and use these type of software that has alot of modifiers and routing matrix to hook up to parameters like how the TC G force and Eventide Eclipse they have alot of routing matix and modifier matrix to hook up envelope follower to ANY parameter or pitch detectors, LFO's , random generators, noise generators etc.

Who makes these types of softwares like external rack mounts like the TC G force and Eventide to have the functionality ??

Breath Walters, Breath! Periods and commas are your friends. :)

I don't know if there's a VST plugin that emulates a hardware multi effects processor, but ther are hw multi effects processors that have vst interfaces via usb.

so i can run my audio through the computer and use these type of software that has alot of modifiers

you will need a fast interface with a very fast computer otherwise you will have serious latency problems

The TC G force and Eventide Eclipse has really RICH sound textured effects most of the VST plugs does that that RICH thick sound also is it because of the CPU's their must be CPU"s inside the TC G force and Eventide Eclipse
that has a bunch of CPU's to make the sound textured more RICH u know what i mean but i don't know what the CPU's label/functionality is called for this type of processing

Most plugins are written with code that is "optimized" for minimal load on the host processor. Hardware processors are pretty much all running code also, but on a DSP or RISC processor inside the hardware unit. I use a TC Powercore card, and many use UAD-1 cards, both of which have DSP to run more complex code with no need to worry about host processor loading. This may be something for you to consider.

Thanks for the help

Its about the DSP chips inside the rack mount 80's and 90's the DSP chips are custom and special made by those companys so they have diffferent sound chips and custom DSP instructions set for audio processing

The todays hardware processors use 9 or 11 effects at once using One processor DSP at running faster speed but the processing is different
its not the same like the old 80's when every rack gear was only one effect not 9 or 11 on at the same time so the DSP or RISC chip was only doing
one effect at a time tasking processing the code is maybe it gave a richer sound than todays multieffects processors but the DSP code is more complex nowadays

Back