Setting up my mixer w/ soundcard

insider33

Hey folks, need a little help routing my soundcard back to my mixer. You folks with Behringer mixer experience would probably be of greatest help.

I've got a UB1202 mixer working in conjunction with an M-Audio Delta 410 PCI soundcard. I've got the mixer going into the card just fine. I can lay down a track and the levels are good. What I haven't seemed to figure out yet (mainly because I cannot quite decipher the mixer's manual) is how to run my card back out to the mixer and listen to playback through my headphones into the headphone jack or lay a new track down while listening to the "underneath" track and what I'm inputting.

By the way, right now, I have one set of the card's outputs going to some computer speakers. I should be able to hook up another pair to the mixer, right?

I'm pretty sure this is possible to do. This is a two-bus mixer. So what's my next step?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Have a look for a couple of rca jacks at on the back of the mixer called 2 Track In or 2TR In or something like that. This will let you monitor the soundcard output through headphone and control room outs

Matt,

> need a little help routing my soundcard back to my mixer <

I'm not familiar with that mixer, but if it has direct preamp outputs you can easily do exactly what you want. Look for "Using a mixer with a DAW," first in the list on my Articles page:

www.ethanwiner.com/articles.html

--Ethan

The mixer has a "tape in" on it, go from your rca on the back of teh sound card right into that, it'll give you a signal for your head phones.

Back