Roland Rubix and Mackie Profx8

You'd just use one or the other. They're both 2x2 interfaces. You'd use the ProFX if you have a bunch of signals that you want to sum into a single stereo track or 2 mono tracks.

The Rubix comes with Ableton Live Lite, which is an OK DAW. Otherwise, download demo versions of all the big name DAWs and see which one suits you.

The Rubix is a solid interface. It's my favorite of all of the $150-ish 2x2 interfaces that I've used. It's just good all-around.

Thanks Tadpui, I thought the ProFX was just a mixer, did not know the usb was also used for interface. instead of recording in to Ableton, or can I just do it directly in to Audacity?

Thanks Tadpui, I thought the ProFX was just a mixer, did not know the usb was also used for interface. instead of recording in to Ableton, or can I just do it directly in to Audacity?

Oh sure, you can record directly into Audacity just like any other DAW. Mackie doesn't seem to have ASIO drivers for the ProFX, so Audacity should perform just as well as any DAW (Audacity doesn't support ASIO without considerable technical expertise). If the latency gets frustrating, you can give a try to ASIO4ALL, but otherwise it should work fine for general purposes.

Back