RME Fireface 800 + RME Octamic D = 12 mic inputs?

Goldcan

I'm looking to be able to acheive 12 mic inputs for recording, I'm liking the FF800 for the pre amps and converters but was wondering if I attach (if possible, which I'm led to believe it is) an RME Octamic D will that give me the over all XLR inputs I need plus leaving me 6 TRS inputs to spare?

I'm new at this, and would appreciate any help I could get.

If that combo is not possible or advisable, anyone have any suggestions on how to acheive the total XLR and TLR inputs I'm looking for, for around $3000-$4000.
I would prefer to do it without bringing a mixer into picture if possible, since the mixing will be done on the computer, obviously.

Last edited:
if the will allow you to sync them both off the same clock, then yes, maybe.

but would this not be a GREAT pre sales question for the rme tech support people??

I mean, they should know, and if they don't, do you really want to take someone elses word for it.

Rstiltskin said:
if the will allow you to sync them both off the same clock, then yes, maybe.

but would this not be a GREAT pre sales question for the rme tech support people??

I mean, they should know, and if they don't, do you really want to take someone elses word for it.

Yeah I'm waiting for a reply from them ;) Just figured I'd ask around while I waited.

You are correct. The studio at my school uses that kind of setup (fireface + 2 octamics provides 20 preamps and DA convertions). Very decent setup!

Halion said:
You are correct. The studio at my school uses that kind of setup (fireface + 2 octamics provides 20 preamps and DA convertions). Very decent setup!

Thanks man, got the same answer from the reps, fireface + octamic D = 12 mic pres and 6 TRS inputs.

I think I'm gonna head with that setup unless anyone has a better solution, I'm always open for suggestions, thanks.

Back