Resetting Computer Levels

SGPIANOMAN

The computer I use to do my recording has 3 different ways of controlling the volume. One is a volume control on the keyboard, the other is the speaker volume control, and of course the third would be the internal volume controls. Some of my mixes do not come out sounding loud enough and i think that some of the problem is the volumes are all messed up. I know that i should leave the various controls alone, but sometimes its just "convienent". What would be a good way to get the volume back to normal so i'm getting a better representation of the actual volume?? let me know if i can provide more info

Every system is different but usually you want the keyboard around 80%, internal at 100% and then use the speakers to control the final volume.

Getting the volume right is a difficult thing - always depends on what set up you have.

At the moment I run my soundcard @ 100%, Nuendo at the closest to 0dBFS I can without it clipping & my mackie Big Knob is used to control the main speaker volume... which again have volume controls on them.

You just need to fiddle till you've found the right settings for your set up.

Back