REPENT.....I love computer recording!!!!

VOXVENDOR

I must repent for all my natterings about computer recording........

I admit I was the one who recently said, hardrive recording sucks.....

About 3 weeks ago, I was sat down and shown 2 demos of the system..... The first time, I was an innocent bystander in awe..... the second time, was hands on...... That day I went out and bought the Pro-Tools LE system, and installed it on my P3 800, 256K 20 gig... computer.

I was instantly in love.

Ever since that night, my 32/8 console, and adats, have only been powered up for moments here and there to transfer stuff.......

I take advantage of the Automation, across 24 tracks, and can mix better on that than with my "real" mixer...... I LOVE IT!

People say that Pro-Tools, has a "sound", and it's not a good sound.....are right!, BUT,,,,,,,,
What I have learnd is when, people record on protools, and exploit all the editing features, and midi stuff, It can be sterile sounding......

Thats not the Tools Fault.....

I can open up 8 tracks and record a live band off the floor, straight through and retain, that live /off the floor sound....

Plus the 24 bit sound is nice... and yes, I hear a difference.

I have spent about 60 hours total in the past week and a half, learning every feature, and Boy was it easy.....

Im a "computer illiterate idiot".. and I can now edit, and use all the functions like any long time user.....

To exclamate my new found repent, and therefore, love for computer recording.... I have installed a nice new avatar...:)

I wanted to explain this, cause you are gonna hear me talking alot about this stuff... and the fact that I was scalding it only weeks ago, surely would have made me look even kookier than I already do.......

In fact I think it was me and SJOKO, who had a debate on the subject... well you were right bud!!!

Now you know the story.

Joe
:)

Back