[SOLVED] Recording Voice Over for PC Gaming Captures

AlexSotheran

Hi, brand new to the forum and I would like a bit of help with my H1N microphone.

I am wanting to record commentary over a computer game using the X-Box capture system on my laptop. However, although the H1N is connected to the PC through its USB and I have run through the Audio I/F>PC/Mac>Bus Power commands and the display reads USB AUDIO I/F when I play the game (in this case Napoleon Total War), the sound of the game plays through the microphone like a small speaker! I'm fairly sure this is not meant to happen.

Also I have a small RODE clip microphone which will not register when plugged into the Line In plug on the H1N. I would prefer to record through this smaller microphone rather than the larger H1N, but the H1N doesn't seem to recognise the smaller mic when it is attached.

I am sure this is a simple issue, but can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You need to find the right kind of adapter from the microphone to the H1n. Obviously, what you have is incorrect. What is the exact model of "clip microphone" and what does the attached plug look like?

You've solved it! I have an adaptor which I had completely forgotten about (I'd bought the Mic a while back and it's been sat doing nothing for ages). But just so you know, the clip mic is a smartlav+ by Rode and the adaptor is an SC3. I've just tried it now and it worked! Thanks a million!

Back