Recording roland V-drums to logic pro X the CORRECT ways

kokoloko80

Hi to all!

been doing a lot of searching in this matter and didn't got any strict and correct answer.
I'm trying to record my v-drums (TD-12) to my Logic Pro x.
I have an external sound card (U-Phoria UMC1820 by Behringer) connected to my iMac Via USB
I've connected the Module through 4 PL cables going out from the "main out" also from the "direct out" plugs in the back of the module.
I've opened 4 AUDIO tracks in Logic and assigned them with outputs in accordance with the module.
The problem starts when I record-enable the tracks and start playing, i get a VERY WEAK signal, which is reflected as almost no movement in the track's waveform.

Does all the process which I described is completely wrong or is there are some Configurations that I missed along the way?

THANKS A LOT, And Merry Christmas

Do the levels show up on the Behringer display green lens. if they do, can you make the red peak light come on by turning up too much? If you can, then it's routing on the recorder. You mentioned you assigned the 4 tracks as OUTPUTS - do you have multiple outputs connected or just L+R? Did you set the routing for the channels as an input?

Does the system allow you to record OK using mics and guitars? If so - connect the drum module as if it is a guitar tom one channel and try that. If that works, then add the extra channels. In fact, if you can record guitar - then duplicate that to three more channels and check that each one can record to it's own track. then swap guitar for drum module.

Do the levels show up on the Behringer display green lens. if they do, can you make the red peak light come on by turning up too much? If you can, then it's routing on the recorder. You mentioned you assigned the 4 tracks as OUTPUTS - do you have multiple outputs connected or just L+R? Did you set the routing for the channels as an input?

Does the system allow you to record OK using mics and guitars? If so - connect the drum module as if it is a guitar tom one channel and try that. If that works, then add the extra channels. In fact, if you can record guitar - then duplicate that to three more channels and check that each one can record to it's own track. then swap guitar for drum module.

Hi!

the 4 outs of the module are assigned as Audio inputs in Logic. the levels show up fine in the sound card and I also get a "clip" light when i crank up the inputs volume to the top.
i attached a picture of the cables from the module to the sound card, each cable is a channel at logic.
I don't have a guitar at hand but what should be the definition of the channel? audio? instrument? midi? etc?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20181228_212507.jpg
    20181228_212507.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
Back