recording now that im hooked up

goo

hey again...i got a wire thats a 1/8 inch to 2 RCA plugs and i plugged the 1/8 into the line out in my computer and the 2 RCA's into my mixer. I use goldwave, and when i try to go to record with the line out there is no such thing. what programs can i use that will have the line out so i can record straight from the soundcard on my computer?

Are you trying to record from your mixer to your souncard.........if so you got it backwards. or are trying to record from your soundcard to your mixer and then to a recording medium?

i was trying to record to my computer through my sound card which i hookd up to my mixer

Ok goo lets start fresh

Im trying to picture what you want to do , and in my mind Im thinking ok, you have a guitar or bass or whatever. So you will be plugging in this instrument to the input channel 1 on your mixer.
Now, you have your new cable you just got with the 2 mono RCA connects on the output ports on your mixer. The other end of this cable is the 1/8 stereo plug which is pugged into the line input of the soundcard.
Now as for your software app. Goldwave??? is this a multitrack program or some kind of wav. recorder that came with the soundcard??

Adjust your mixer, assuming you already know how to use it.
and try to record....................

im not really sure...im plugging the 1/8 inch end of the wire into the line output and getting no results, but to the best of my knowledge that line out is intertwined with the soundcard. goldwave is a multitrack program.

i mean im plugging it into the line output of the computer (on the back of the computer) which i thought was linked with the soundcard

Think about my last post for a while..........and then try it again
Perhaps breakout some manuals or something

Hi Goo,

In Goldwave go to options, controls, and click on the
device tab. Make sure your soundcard is set to be
the playback and record device. Nothing will work
unless this is done. For now make sure that the
output of the mixer is plugged into the line in of
the sound card and your recording source (mic, guitar etc)
is plugged into the mixer channel 1. Try recording.
Let us know what soundcard, mixer and instrument you
are trying to record and we can help you further.

BTW, Goldwave is a 2 track editor like CoolEdit...etc.

Hope this helps!
Mike

Back