Recording guitar ta home using Peavey Revalver mk3

G_Unit

Hi guys,

I am wanting to start recording guitar parts at home using Peavey revalver and i am a complete novice, i literally need a step by step guide on how to do it? Can anyone help me out?

G

Hi guys,

I am wanting to start recording guitar parts at home using Peavey revalver and i am a complete novice, i literally need a step by step guide on how to do it? Can anyone help me out?

G

is there any one that can help you out? Yes.
Is there any one here that's gonna hold your hand through it and spell it out for you? No.

http://tweakheadz.com/guide.htm
Knock yourself out.

You need a DAW that supports VST's, a lot of interfaces come with a free copy of cubase LE (which uses vst's), there's a lot of other DAW's that use vst's as well.. You need an interface to get the signal to your computer. If the interface doesn't have instrument level inputs, you'll need a direct box too. Once you have that, record a raw guitar track, put your peavey re-amp vst thingy on the track, and that's about all there is to it.

You need a DAW that supports VST's, a lot of interfaces come with a free copy of cubase LE (which uses vst's), there's a lot of other DAW's that use vst's as well.. You need an interface to get the signal to your computer. If the interface doesn't have instrument level inputs, you'll need a direct box too. Once you have that, record a raw guitar track, put your peavey re-amp vst thingy on the track, and that's about all there is to it.

Hey thanks for this info, it gives me more things to look into, thanks for putting me on the right track! I am currently working on getting reaper working with re-amper, just need something to get my guitar into my PC.

Thanks again!

As far as interfaces go, might I suggest the Presonus Firebox? I bought one a month before they dropped the price to $200, and I still got my money's worth for $250. 2 instrument inputs on the front that double as mic Preamps, 2 more line inputs on the back, MIDI I/O, SPDIF I/O, plus flexible output. You can use that with any DAW I know of, and it works flawlessly for me.

As far as interfaces go, might I suggest the Presonus Firebox? I bought one a month before they dropped the price to $200, and I still got my money's worth for $250. 2 instrument inputs on the front that double as mic Preamps, 2 more line inputs on the back, MIDI I/O, SPDIF I/O, plus flexible output. You can use that with any DAW I know of, and it works flawlessly for me.

I'll check that out Solaris, thanks for the advice! :)

Back