Recording digital piano

Lotte

Hello :)

I want to record the sound of my digital piano, a Kawai MP8. I just want to record to help me write better songs and play better. I'm therefore thinking of buying an echo audiofire 2, but how would this sound quality wise? I really like the sound of the piano through my headphones (AKG K141 Studio) but would it be the same when recorded? Would a midi recording with a vst piano sound better? I only want to record a pianotrack in EnergyXT. Am I missing a better option?

Thanks in advance :)

Lotte

The Echo will serve you well. You have the choice of using the MP8's jack or XLR outputs.

You can record both the audio (via jacks or XLR) and Midi.

If you record the midi, you can edit that and fix up any dodgy notes, then use EnergyXT to drive the Kawai, and rerecord its (now perfected) output.

Or you can use the midi to drive a VSTi piano. You can then decide which is better.

if you're careful in setting levels then the board should sound everbit as good in the puter... as to vsti's??? well that would depend on which vsti wouldn't it?? some are truely exceptional... ivory / garritan steinway 2 of my favs...

Hey :)

I hadn't thought of playing the fixed midi back through the kawai. I will try both when I can.

Thank you very much :)

i use a lyon lightsnake cable for recording my kawai z1000. search for it on amazon (i would post a link but it won't let me)

for 30 bucks it doesn't sound to bad. i wouldn't use it for a guitar though.

i use a lyon lightsnake cable for recording my kawai z1000. search for it on amazon (i would post a link but it won't let me)

for 30 bucks it doesn't sound to bad. i wouldn't use it for a guitar though.

this is not a cable issue... and after you've been around awhile you'll likely chuckle at your newbness...

dont sweat it... he's interested in interfaces... not a usb cable... though that would get him into the puter...

Back