Record streaming Aiudio

flopearedmule

Can someone help me please?

I am trying to record some streaming audio. I've been using Sound Tap by NCH. It works really good, but what I record is not loud enough. When I go to play it back, it is too low of volume. What other software programs are out there?
I just found Audacity (open source/free) but I'm having trouble with that also. Is there other software out there I can look at?
Thanks

If its an MP3 or WAV file, you could load it into Audacity and use the "amplify" effect to bring the wave from to full scale. Then resave the file.

If its an MP3 or WAV file, you could load it into Audacity and use the "amplify" effect to bring the wave from to full scale. Then resave the file.

Thanks TalismanRich! That works awesome.
it was just a matter of learning how to use the software. I think I got it now.
When I go to amplify, I have to have the "allow clipping" checked before I can change it. what does that mean?

Allow clipping shouldn't be checked. It would come into play if you amplify beyond the 0 dB max volume. In that case, some peaks will be distorted, which in digital is a bad thing. Just make it so that the loudest peak is 0 dB and you'll be fine.

Also, if you're doing stereo files, make sure you select both sides and apply the effect equally, otherwise it will change the balance between channels.

Back