Record Producer Deluxe

Minnows Larkin

Just a quick question from a newbie.
Anyone here have any experience with Record Producer Deluxe?
Pros, cons, likes, dislikes?

Thanks

hi,

it's a piece of crap, save your money.

depending on what you're trying to do, you should stick with the major companies that have a decent track record (cakewalk, cubase, motu etc..) most of these have scaled down/cheaper versions of their products. The voyetra thing doesn't let you use third party plugs (dxi, vst etc.) and from what I understand, it doesn't let you export waves. (BIG NO NO in the audio world). Another reason to get cubase or cakewalk is the extensive knowledge base available, especially on this bbs. At least read some reviews and compare with some other products before you committ to a purchase.

Adam

minnows.check out powertracks that i use.
if you dont believe me just ask the many users at pgmusic.com
and try the demo.
now a whole horde of cubase and sonar etc users will follow this post and call me a liar. because they dont like me mentioning it.
maybe they work for competitors - i dont know.
just assume i'm a liar therefore try the product and you will see i am not.

Manning, stop peddling your crap here, and stop hijacking threads. the user asked bout opinions on a specific package.

Nobodies calling you a liar manning1, you are projecting that. People are simply saying STOP PEDDLING YOUR CRAP HERE !!!

Minnows, don't listen to a thing manning1 has to say. He is a spammer and just an old man trying to sell old prosumer crap.

Adam hit it right on the button for you.

ok - had enough of this stuff.
people calling me a liar and other untruths and constant insults.
ive taken a lot from you morningstar in particular.
had enough.
off to dragon i go. he can read your posts morningstar and decide for himself whether warranted.
let him decide.
in my opinion its obvious that guys attacking me have hidden agendas.
for example ive recommended rane m,s1b preamps and yorkville monitors.
no attacks. yet when i recommend software the same two individuals attack me. and neither you or fraser have EVER pointed out technical deficiences with what i recommend and used by thousands of happy users.

manning1 said:
ok - had enough of this stuff.
people calling me a liar and other untruths and constant insults.
ive taken a lot from you morningstar in particular.
had enough.
off to dragon i go. he can read your posts morningstar and decide for himself whether warranted.
let him decide.
in my opinion its obvious that guys attacking me have hidden agendas.
for example ive recommended rane m,s1b preamps and yorkville monitors.
no attacks. yet when i recommend software the same two individuals attack me. and neither you or fraser have EVER pointed out technical deficiences with what i recommend and used by thousands of happy users.

You just continue to spam this board with yoru incessant plugs for your products. You hijack threads and whine. We are NOT interested in a technical discussion with you. We do not care about your crappy little app. We just want you to stop smapping us with it.

Go ahead, mail Dragon.

I have no hidden agenda, but iti s clear that you do. Your posts at GearSlutz and PGmusic indicate that you do as well. No one would complain except for the fact that it is incessant. You are like an obsessed 10 year old.

You wont even take their advice and post YOUR tracks of what you have accomplished that would make us go "wow! what are you using!". You just spam and spam and spam and spam.

Many have asked you to stop. Many have complained,. Yet you persist. You are either a lackey for the company or just demented. One or the other.

Manning1, start a thread in the Dragon Cave if you want to discuss who's insulting who. I have a different label for the software you're peddling and if you didn't keep spamming it, I wouldn't need to label it(umm old).

NYMorningstar said:
Manning1, start a thread in the Dragon Cave if you want to discuss who's insulting who. I have a different label for the software you're peddling and if you didn't keep spamming it, I wouldn't need to label it(umm old).

here, here :)

what is it with this manning1 guy?? I've noticed this too. I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence that he keeps mentioning this PGmusic thing.

By the way, I've noticed that one of their products is called pro audio 9. ummmm, didn't cakewalk use this title like...oh say...6 years ago??

hmmm...seems fishy to me.

Thanks everyone for the input. I have a version of Cool Edit Pro but it doesn't seem to display a mixing console view which I think I will be more comfortable with. It only displays four tracks and I liked the way the Record Producer appears to have 16 tracks before having to merge. Maybe I'm missing something. Like I said, I'm a newcomer to digital recording and just trying to get some information.
Thanks.

adam.
ive been a user for years.
with each new version they add a model number i guess.
the previous version was version 8.

It's not a coincidence. He's done this hijacking and spamming for 2 years straight here before. He's been gone for a few months and just back. He'll act like he's being persecuted too but he's well calculated and knows exactly what he's doing. You can't talk to him either but you can talk to those he's spamming. :D :o

Minnows Larkin said:
Thanks everyone for the input. I have a version of Cool Edit Pro but it doesn't seem to display a mixing console view which I think I will be more comfortable with. It only displays four tracks and I liked the way the Record Producer appears to have 16 tracks before having to merge. Maybe I'm missing something. Like I said, I'm a newcomer to digital recording and just trying to get some information.
Thanks.

hey minnows,

yeah...sorry your thread went WAY off course. I guess I'm just as much to blame :rolleyes:

I stick with what I've said about Record Producer, but you've got to make your own conclusion. Third party plugins come in real handy....REAL handy just keep that in mind.

NYMorningstar said:
It's not a coincidence. He's done this hijacking and spamming for 2 years straight here before. He's been gone for a few months and just back. He'll act like he's being persecuted too but he's well calculated and knows exactly what he's doing. You can't talk to him either but you can talk to those he's spamming. :D :o

Yeah, I've noticed that he does use terms like "with respect" and stays an arms length back from flaming somebody......talk about martyrdom. It would be nice if he could post some tracks of this 'great product'. Is he even a musician?? he may be just some guy they hired in their marketing dept. lol

But you're right...spam is spam no matter how you slice it. It's no different than those guys that promote their website on the first post, actually it may be worse (since he's kept up with it for two years!)

adam.
your obviously sceptical.
so what i advise you do is to check out the independent user/mag reviews on there at pg. or google for " band in a box review" for example. thats what i did originally.
there are loads of glowing product reviews including from independent music mags and individual musicians on both band in a box and powertracks(reviews are on the main pg banner site. go check out the huge number of comments), and they used to have songs up there as well. youll also find links to songs through the various user forums where youll find further users commenting favorably or just ask the users.
many of these users are far better audio engineers than i am.
as your aware its all in the hands of how good an audio engineer one is.

ps....most of the songs on that site were done a long time ago using everything from junk 4 tracks then 8 tracks.
now go and listen to songs done in decent studios.
try The whole of london town is Cryin - a song i wrote when my dad died.
Which i should add ive had lots of positive comments about.
in return you post what youve done that your proud of adam.

Last edited:
manning1

that's cool and all but haven't you ever used any other product besides powertracks and band in a package (or whatever it's called) haven't you used sonar or soundforge or even samplitude and gone "man, that's a cool product"

you just said "it's all in the hands of how good an audio engineer one is"

if that statement is true then I guess it doesn't make a difference what the user records with does it? maybe you should be peddling engineers instead of cooltracks/aka pro audio 9.

you are trying to get web traffic to pgmusic so that people will buy your product.

you are trying to solicit money and you won't admit it.

I feel VERY disrepected that you are trying to insult my and every other member's intelligence.

Back