reasons not to buy Creamware's

dxl

1. DSPs(60Mhz X3Luna x6Pulsar2 or X15Scope ) are slow compare to TCpowercore(2.8G) and UAV-1(1G)
@@@2.tooooooo over priced@@@
3.many effects and synth quality not comparable to other DSPcards
4.CPUs are getting fast and faster, P2 can't compare to P4.
~creamware hardware are still in P2 stage (3-4 years already)~
5.Software effects and synths are getting better and more stable, in other words, better sounding)
6.not comes with I/O box
7.Drivers not fixed ..not stable
8.uncompatable to many hardwares , motherboard and video
9.totally bad support, no email back at all.

To compare DSP's by their clock frequency, let alone accumulated frequency is very dangerous and never an exact science. No comment on the rest.

Somebody's pissed at CreamWare!

That's a funny list... but I have heard some killer tunes done with Creamware synths. I don't know if I'd take your (badly written) advice over what my ears tell me.

Well, he didn't say anything about them sounding bad, he just said they didn't sound as good as other options.

He didn't?

3 and 5 seem to indicate that, and the fact that many many people have managed to make music with a system as unstable as he claims would refute many of his claims. I have yet to hear any other DPS card synths that even come close to Creamware's quality. Their filters are insane, and the overall quality is amazing. Perhaps the only contender would be the Korg Oasys, which is also quite pricey, and doesn't do a whole lot besides the synth.

I don't use their stuff, but I think it's important to separate "disgruntled, annoyed customer" posts from "the truth."

charger said:
He didn't?

3 and 5 seem to indicate that, and the fact that many many people have managed to make music with a system as unstable as he claims would refute many of his claims. truth."

Well, ok. 3 and 5 do nothing but compare it to other options. He doesn't say, Creamware sucks, he just says "this other stuff sounds better".

And the fact that you have made great music with it says nothing for its stablility. If you said I know 100 people that have it, and they have all had no problems then fine, its stable.

Many people have made great stuff with behringer mixers, but at the same time, many of the mixers break, make noise, etc.

The fact that it has worked for one person doesn't mean it is stable.

I currently use 1 pulsar and 1 powersamper card and i'm quite happy with them.
The filters are smooth and the synths very ok.
The drivers are pretty stable (i use win2k & win98se)
the problems with some motherboards also concerns other brands since this is a problem of windows (IRQ-sharing while in plug&play mode)

You may take a look at

PlanetZ for information on pulsar,...
and

sonik for information on computer based troubles

Back