Reaper Pitch/Tempo Problem

Then, when export stereo files from Reaper and disconnect the Focusrite, it plays back at the wrong pitch on the Mac.

What happens if you do your recording and exporting, quit Reaper, then play back the wav or mp3 through Finder/itunes/Whatever through the focusrite?

If it sounds fine, that points to the focusrite as being the problem.

Focusrite have their own control software on MacOS, don't they? Check in there and make sure it's not overriding sample rate.

When I am plugging the Focusrite in to do these tests, I am noticing it is not playing the audio files on my desktop (if I hover over and press play as a Mac allows) no sound even though the elapse thing on the file starts moving. Is that a clue??

It's probably defaulting back to something other than built-in stereo output.
After you unplug the Focusrite go to Audio/Midi Setup and see what has been set as default for output.

What happens if you do your recording and exporting, quit Reaper, then play back the wav or mp3 through Finder/itunes/Whatever through the focusrite?

If it sounds fine, that points to the focusrite as being the problem.

Focusrite have their own control software on MacOS, don't they? Check in there and make sure it's not overriding sample rate.

It's very apparent that the Focusrite is the problem.

I have "Control" (their software) open at every point in these tests to make sure it's locked at 44.1

It's never not at 44.1 and green/locked

May be going over old ground but I'd confirm 100% that exported files which sound wrong do sound wrong on other systems,
so you're proving the file is wrong, rather than some issue with system playback.
I'd also confirm that this issue can't be replicated with other interfaces, although it seems you've done that already.

I think, just to cement it, I'd want to see the focusrite cause the same problems on another computer too.
Any computer..windows/mac..Even if you have an old netbook lying around.

Just means if you find yourself having to debate it with customer service, you can rule out a million things straight away.

Would it be worth checking if there are firmware updates for that interface?
It may have a factory reset procedure you could follow?

It may have a factory reset procedure you could follow?

Steenamaroo for the WIN!

Factory reset Clarett 8Pre via Control software. I noticed it defaults to 48khz. No problem, let's do what it likes. It's playing iTunes media and desktop files just fine.

Set Burl to 48khz and Reaper as well. Again, Focusrite follows Burl's clock via SPDIF RCA

Recorded an acoustic guitar. Plays back sounds great. Rendered Reaper file as WAV to desktop in 44.1 because I want to take it into Garageband. Plays correctly when Focusrite unplugged. Plays correctly in Garageband.

TY Steenamaroo!!!

Back