Reaper Help Please (nothing to heavy)

jimbo.jams

[Hi all ,
Hope this is in correct place , Ive just downloaded reaper ,, Now the good part on you tube theres this couple that have been editing for over 35 years , and have done a full tuition program from begining to end , i.e by the end you should have most the basics ,,
NOW THE problem ,, by video 2 they have put a link to download ( audiohackr.reaperconfigzip
Its for plugins that they put together there self ,, the people who mad the vids ae called audiohackr ,,
When i try to download this i get a message saying (THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE AN APP ASSOSIATED WITH IT FOR PERFORMING THIS ACTION PLEASE INSTALL AN APP OR IF YOU HAVE ONE ALREADY INSTALLED CREATE AN ASSOSIATION IN THE DEFAULT APPS SETTINGS PAGE )

ok this does happen alot when i go to download things , ? i dont know where the ap settings page is for a start ? nor does it say which app i would need ,,
Sorry about all this but its really holding me up , i was looking foreward to this course , and i cant get hold of them ,,
Would it be because i have google chrome installed on my p.c ,,
Pulling my hair out i hope someone has an answer in plain english
Many Thanks in advance Jim

Did you unzip the file first? Plugins should have dll files, and you move them into the Plugins folder in your Programs folder.

no mate it does not even give me that option , as soon as i click on it to download click open or open when done and the message i said comes up immediately nightmare
thankyou

Make sure you are downloading and SAVING the file, not trying to open the file directly from the download box.

For .ZIP files, the current versions of Windows should open the file to let you view the contents. If it won't do that, a free program called 7-ZIP is available. It will allow you to extract the files. It handles both .zip and .rar compression formats.

7-ZIP is free and available here. 7-Zip.ORG

I attempted to replicate the problem. However, to get to the zip of presets they have assembled you need to be enrolled in the course. I wasn't prepared to pay the money so I bailed out.

Back