Question about setting up Studio Monitors with interface

mracz

So I just recently acquired a couple pieces of recording gear and I need some help figuring out how to get them to work together properly cause I'm a newb when it comes to routing signals. Anyway, I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 interface and a set of active M-Audio AV30 monitors (not the best i know). How do I get the audio to output correctly in stereo from the interface to the monitors?

The interface has S/PDIF out and line out's and the monitors only have an RCA input. So what cable do I need? The rca cable the speakers came with unfortunately is not the right cable to hook up anywhere into the interface as static is the only result.

Please help

If you have a 1/8" (small headphone jack size) to RCA, you can use that from the headphones out to the speakers. I did that for a long time before coughing up a little dough for the "correct" cables. I had that cable just hanging around the house..

Thanks guys..just one more dumb question..if i set it up 1/4 to rca out of line outs 1 and two from the saffire, will i have to make any software adjustments to make it recognize which is left and which is right for the correct stereo output?

By default, 1/L, 2/R. You just select the interface within your DAW and/or Windows. Would need more info as to what you have, to give more details.

I started out with the M-Audio AV30's, they are decent monitors. Traded up to the BX8a's at Guitar Center. They gave me a decent trade in, knocked off an extra 10% and they were on sale for $299.99, so I got them out the door for less than $200.

Back