put Ra mp3 onto cd r /can I convert ? also old tapes to mp3..etc.

quigley

Help when I try to add real audio mp3s to an open cd r I get the message that it has an unrecognizable extension... and the ext. should be .wav.
So how can I change these over to wav. or how can I get them to record in wav. extension and not mp3 real audio.

Also anyone know how to take tape to mps and alleviate any hiss from older non dolby'd recordings.

Thanks for any help

i can answer your first question simply... burn the mp3 as a data file and not an audio file.. but keep in mind that it can only be played on a computer with a mp3 player..

if you want to turn the mp3 into a wav file , and then burn it , i can somewhat help you out... if you have win amp , you can configure the plug in so that the output wav file is written to your hard disk .. if you cant figure this out on your current mp3 program , i suggest you dl winamp.. if you get stuck , just post again..and ill help you out...

you need to play the tape , and record it to your hard drive through your computers soundcard.. youll need s/w for this , because the windows recorder can only record a minute at a time... to remove the hiss there are many software solutions for that as well...just look around...

- eddie -

I have exactly the same problem with real audio and i do have win amp but am a trifle simple. how do you configure the plug-in so that the output wav file is written to your hard disk?

Or you could download GoldWave for free (the demo version is fully functional with save features too, you just have a limit on how many processes you can do in any one session. If you use them up, you just save the work, close GoldWave, then open it again and open the file).

Open you mp3 in GoldWave, then go to Save As and save the mp3 as a .wav file. You will not lose a lick of quality. It works just fine doing this.

Good luck.

Ed Rei
Echo Star Studio www.echostarstudio.com

Back