Protools Rewire and VST issues when sharing sessions

ps_7

Hi there
I am stuck at a point where Im trying to decide on Nuendo2 or Protools.
My studio is used for video work and editing, and now I've decided to move into audio production.
Firstly, I wanted it to be able to integrate. I have a G5 mac with Nuendo2 where I do the video editing, and I'd like to combine it with my PC. I have some VST instruments which I dont think will work on a Mac. I enjoy using Ableton to make my music, and moving it into Nuendo (even cross platform with Steinberg's VST Link) is easy and keeps projects working well together.

Basically, the reason I'd want to go Protools at all is to be able to transfter files between studios, as that is it's advantage no? (industry standard). I'd like to be able to expand into some small contract work.
But If, say, I had Nuendo2 running on the Mac, reWired with Protools, and my VST Instruments running in a VST Virtual Rack on the PC, when I saved an arrangement in Protools how could I transport this to another studio and have it load up and play? WOuld this even be possible? Would I be forced to bounce all the tracks to audio in Protools, and then following that would I be limited to mastering only at another studio?
I am a bit confused, and I'd like to sort this out before I buy the next soundcard- I am considering the Mbox. This would mean that the protools version I'd have is LE.

Suggestions?:
Thanks for any help!!

Back