Problems after most recent Windows 10 update

raybbj

Anyone having any problems after the most recent Win10 update? I had a major update a couple of nights ago and now I have latency. I have checked all my audio settings (everything is as it was before the update) and even re-installed my AI driver/software. Is anyone else experiencing anything?

I'm currently backing up my files and preparing to roll back to a previous version before the update.

Am I alone? Or are others experiencing similar?

Regards,
Ray

Anyone having any problems after the most recent Win10 update? I had a major update a couple of nights ago and now I have latency. I have checked all my audio settings (everything is as it was before the update) and even re-installed my AI driver/software. Is anyone else experiencing anything?

I'm currently backing up my files and preparing to roll back to a previous version before the update.

Am I alone? Or are others experiencing similar?

Regards,
Ray

You will NOT be alone! I do not have W10 (yet and will probably never use it for audio purposes)

If HR cannot help you try Sound on Sound forum. Pete of Scan fame puts in a lot of free time there and has vast knowledge of all things PC.

NB. assemble ALL relevant information. PC make and model, W10 version, hardware details.

Dave.

I ignored this topic, but after spending an afternoon doing exactly the same thing, I'm thinking windows did it again too!

sound forge stopped talking to my Tascam interface. Soundforge crashed twice on restarting Windows, and third time it caught up and now works fine. I then thought maybe time to switch on the restore point feature, just in case. More annoying because I have auto updates switched off, yet it downloaded it, and then when I shut down, the only option I had was to update and shut down, or update and start up. grrrr. Seems ok now - I had to switch to a different driver, then switch back and it settled down.

OK, I think I fixed it. I updated to the latest AI driver, which I didn't think existed because they have been on the same version for the past few years. It appears peace has been restored in this Vancouver studio once again.............until the next windows update !!!

Thanks y'all

May not be the problem, but this has caught a few interface users..... Windows thinks the interface is a microphone
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468232/windows-10-camera-microphone-and-privacy

Strictly speaking Mark Windows ALWAYS thought certain USB devices were microphones! Or some such ***t as "USB CODEC".
I was always under the impression (delusion?) that ASIO drivers kept Windows away from audio data handling? Seems not.

I also read recently that future Win 10 updates will not be mandatory and that they will not dick about with drivers and such? Yeah..

Dave.

Strictly speaking Mark Windows ALWAYS thought certain USB devices were microphones! Or some such ***t as "USB CODEC".
I was always under the impression (delusion?) that ASIO drivers kept Windows away from audio data handling? Seems not.

I also read recently that future Win 10 updates will not be mandatory and that they will not dick about with drivers and such? Yeah..

Dave.

Mixed bag of success/fail with update 1903....
[WIN10] Best to hold off on Win10 1903 for now - Microsoft | DSLReports Forums

Back