Pro Tools won't Playback through StudioLive III 24R

CaseyCayce

I've just installed a PreSonus StudioLive-III 24R rack mixer, replacing my StudioLive 16.0.2 console, which I've outgrown. I like the idea of the rack config because I don't mix live, only needing a 24-input interface to use with Pro Tools.

Pro Tools had no problem working with the 16.0.2 console, but I can't get it to playback through the 24R. PT sees it in the Hardware Setup, Playback Engine, I/O setup is showing 64 channels (32 stereo pairs) in both the input and output, compatible with the I/O in the 24R. The only thing I can get out of the 24R, though, is what's coming in through the inputs. Nothing from Pro Tools.

If anyone has had any experience with this and can lend a hand, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Which outputs are designated for monitoring in your I/O setup panel? I don't have presonus, i'm using an A&H Qu32 and I have channels 31/32 as the dedicated PT playback stereo output. The A&H has internal software routing that has to be set for internal/external (they use the terms "USB" and "Local"). So if I want to listen back to the channels from PT separately I have to switch AH over to all "USB" inputs and to record without latency through the monitors I have to set all the inputs on the A&H that are "live" to "Local" and leave the 31/32 for the playback of previously recorded tracks by setting 31/32 to "USB". I would assume the PreSonus has some sort of similar settings to prevent a feedback situation.

Which outputs are designated for monitoring in your I/O setup panel?

Thanks, Gtoboy...

I'm using the default settings, channels 1&2 out of Pro Tools. This is what has traditionally worked, and has been working with the PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 console I've ben using. I also can't get anything through the 24R when I select it in my system sound prefs, then play something through iTunes. The 24R just isn't receiving, though all my input signals are showing in my Pro Tools project.

I heard from someone else that because the non-HD version of PT only supports 32 channels out, and the 24R has 64 in, I might need to "re-patch" the inputs in the 24R to match. Not quite sure what that's all about, though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 6.49.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 6.49.11 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Back