Pro Tools VS Logic Software?

DrkSyde 313

I've been reading a few threds N replies, and all I seem to hear about is PT is Studio Stadard, Studio Stadard Studio Standard.
Really now, is pro tools the better software, or is it the hardware?
Is logic, or Cubase the better software with the right hardware?
Can someone help me with this one? I don't want to hear what the studio stadard is. I want to hear from die hard rebels What really kicks @ss. If it's PT, then fine, I just want to know which software sounds best, and runs best on pc.

A Million thanks in advance.

Unless you are talking about the $10, 000 (minimum) Pro Tools MIX and HD rigs, Pro Tools is not the industry standard. Pro Tools LE sessions do translate directly to Pro Tools HD rigs, but there are ways to get Cubase, Logic, and Sonar tracks into Pro Tools if you ever need to.

Logic is Mac only, now, if that affects your decision. Logic is widely concidered among the most fully featured multitracking programs. I've never used it so I can't really say.

Cubase SX I have used and I *really* like it. It does everything I ever needed it to do.

Pro Tools LE (002, 002 rack, and Mbox) has several annoying limitations that make it less than both Cubase and Logic. No surround support, no timecode suppport (for work with video), no support of non-Digidesign hardware(!), and only 32 voiceable tracks allowed.

If you don't need to translate your sessions back and forth with Pro Tools studios and don't need the "industry standard" interface, then you'll get more for your money with Logic or Cubase.

Take care,
Chris

And you can still find Logic for PC. Its just the 6.0v and up thats Mac only. I've used LA Plat. for years with no regret and have no reason to switch to another platform.

Chris... what's it like working on the MIX/ HD rigs that you have at work? Is it a dream come true like I imagine? :D
Hardware DSP.....mmmmmmm!

/jealousy

Jay

Back