Pro Tools LE - clearing out audio files

Fat Dog

I'm using PT with 001 and recording our band rehearsals. This creates a lot of audio files (4+ GB in an hour or two). Deleting the session doesn't remove the associated files. PT labels the individual tracks as Guitar 1, 2 etc.... which would be OK if I used the same exact set-up each time, but we're a 7 piece band and several of us play different instruments on different songs.

Any quick way to clear out tracks from "dumped" sessions?

On your Editing screen, Consolidate all of the track regions so each track is one big region. Then, right at the right edge about 3/4 of the way up the screen you'll see a (grey?) button that says "Audio" with all of the files listed below it... Click on audio, then choose select, then choose "Unused regions", and click it, it will highlight them all, then hit the Audio button again and click "Clear selected"...

It will then ask you if you want to permanantly delete them, click yes.... Just make sure that the stuff you want to keep isn't highlighted... Since you consilidated all the tracks into one region each, you should have the same amount of good audio files as you do tracks, and you will want to keep those ones..

Which ones are they????, Well, they will be named the same on the right side of the screen as they are at the front of each region..

Joe

I do the consolidation thing voxvendor recommends, but then I'll rename those tracks and go through and delete everything that didn't get renamed.

Will deleting the unused regions get rid of all the stuff, like if he's processed files and such?

Yup, it should.

By the way JFogarty, I finally have your song up and am fiddling around with it... it's cool...

Stay tuned..

Clearing out audio files

OK, that sounds easy enough. Another question, more to do with empty space. At the beginning og the song, one track has a vebal count so everyone else starts on the right beat. I can cut this out, but then I have a few seconds of silence before the song/mix-down starts. If I block all tracks for that initial "count" space and cut it all out, will the rest of song "move" back to the beginning, so as to "cue up" sooner?

Back