Pro Tools 6 Mixing Software

Snowman999

YEARS ago when Pro Tools 6 was the NEWEST version, I bought it. The software bundle were trials. So, all I have to mix right now is the basic efx software that comes with Pro Tools. The EQ seems to be fine. But, it only comes with one compressor (which works ok) and one reverb (also ok).

Don made a mix for me and I asked what he used. He told me numerous verbs, "air" eq on the master fader, stereo spreader to name a few I've never heard of.

Is there a good mixer bundle anyone can recommend that I can search out on ebay? Keep in mind I'm broke. So, I can't spend a bundle.

I'm not upgrading Pro Tools. 6 works fine for me. I know how to use it.

Right company. I was thinking more along the lines of the Gold bundle. But it depends what OS you are running whether that will work or not

Right company. I was thinking more along the lines of the Gold bundle. But it depends what OS you are running whether that will work or not

I just looked at sweetwater and it won't work with my system. I have an antiquated Mac. But, it still works great for what I use it for. Someone has to have old wave for sale somewhere.

One thing you might like to consider is the Reaper suite of plug-ins, which you can download independently of Reaper and use within yor own DAW.

See

REAPER | ReaPlugs

The free stuff all seems to be EXE which are for PC. My Mac is not an Intel, I don't see any that use the old Mac format (which I don't even remember the name).

But, it was a good idea. Thanks.

The free stuff all seems to be EXE which are for PC. My Mac is not an Intel, I don't see any that use the old Mac format (which I don't even remember the name).

But, it was a good idea. Thanks.

I double checked, and yes, those plugs do not appear to be available for mac

If your mac is not intel then its PPC? I think you'll struggle to find stuff going back that far!

What's the plugin format? RTAS/TDM?

If your mac is not intel then its PPC? I think you'll struggle to find stuff going back that far!

What's the plugin format? RTAS/TDM?

RTAS I assumed since TDM would be with a DIGI full spec interface. But if you are running an earlier version of OSX than you are looking at used stuff only and you will have to do some hunting on the G4 forums etc.

RTAS sound familiar.

I'll find an early version of something. At least now I have names to search out.

THANKS!

Back