Pro tools 10 and OS x 10.8.2

akerr123

Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading my mac book pro to a new iMac. I assume it will have the latest version of mountain lion which is 10.8.2.

My question is, does Pro tools 10 work with this system? I've read that Avid are fixing a few problems. Has anyone tried this? I'm just wondering if I should wait until Avid has everything fixed before I purchase them.

Oh! And one more question.... Is it only Pro tools 10 that will work with this mountain lion system?

I haven't a clue about any of this lol

Don't mean to avoid answering, but AVID's website is pretty good and are very good about listing all compatibility charts etc.

I believe PT9 is supported under mountain lion; That's my current setup.
I can't say for PT10, but just check out avid.com. It'll give you a definitive answer.

I just got a new 15 Macbook Pro Retina. I was concerned because it came with Mountain Lion 10.8.2. based on the things I've read by some other people, but so far no issues. Its a speed demon. I use Pro Tools 10.3. I don't even see the line the people said they saw going across the screen on the retina display. Of course I am also using 32" external display as well.

Hey mate,
I'm running PT10.3 on my Macbook Pro w/ Mountain Lion 10.8.2 - runs very smoothly, had no problems whatsoever. Good luck!

Back