pro cards and gaming

whattaguy

Is there a way to get my aardvark direct pro 24/96 to work with gaming also? Aardvark told me "no," but the head of IT at my work says that there is a "special" way to get it to work. Anybody know a way?

Thanks

my Delta66 works on all newer games that run through windows and use the sound through the windows mixer...

but it doesn;t work on older games that depent upon a sound blaster type card to work with their sound engine that runs through DOS or a dos prompt.

My delta works too, but I get nasty dropouts in a couple games, so I switch to my Ensoniq AudioPCI.

I think that if the Aardvark supports direct sound, it should at least work "technically", even if the company doesn't support it. Otherwise, you'll just have to run two cards.

Slackmaster 2000

my audiophile works on most games that me or my brother plays (we mostly play new games) but some older games won't work if they only support 8bit or 16 bit sound cards (i get games like that in cereal boxes)...in windows, just make sure that the pro card is set to default for playback in the windows mixer and in the control panel (multimedia icon i think)...

~Milkman

Ditto with everyone else - the newer the game, the better the odds it will work. To cover all the bases though you can't beat a Soundblaster Live - its the only PCI card I've seen that really does 100% correct SoundBlaster emulation, and thus will play everything.

Back