Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PreSonus Update destroyed Studio One

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    @jkuehlin , any issues with the user interface/graphics display lately? Did you install the latest 4.0.1 update?
    "No healthy person waits in line with a slew of geriatrics on a Sunday morning for pancakes" - RFR https://soundcloud.com/andrushkiwt

Thanks
    -SOLVED-

Christ, what a pain in the arse. I knew there had to be some kind of scaling/graphics issue, so I looked everywhere for how to edit that program's display settings. The option I needed was only found, just a minute ago, by:

right clicking Studio One icon on the taskbar, then, properties->compatibility->change high DPI settings->uncheck "override high DPI settings"-> apply.

Opened it up and bam back to normal!
    "No healthy person waits in line with a slew of geriatrics on a Sunday morning for pancakes" - RFR https://soundcloud.com/andrushkiwt

3. The Following User Says Thank You to andrushkiwt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Good to know! Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andrushkiwt View Post

So, even if you had the wav's, you'd still have to redo all the fx and know the tempo...
    Shit. Forgot you do virtual drums
    With me everything is a wav file. And I'm not wotking with any midi it's all real instruments.
    But then again, I do simple organic music. Not too complicated. So losing settings, plugins, ect is no big deal.

Anyway I'm sure with a bit of effort your scene will get sorted.

Still sucks, I sympathise with you. I had a mess with PT that took a week to sort, drove me nuts. Lol

So I can understand your lack of fun right now.

Edit. Missed the post where you'd solved it.

Congrats! Ignore any and all posts from me free of guilt or social graces.
    Last edited by RFR; 6 Days Ago at 01:23.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RFR View Post
    Shit. Forgot you do virtual drums
    With me everything is a wav file. And I'm not wotking with any midi it's all real instruments.
    But then again, I do simple organic music. Not too complicated. So losing settings, plugins, ect is no big deal.
    Ah, yeah. I need to worry about plugin settings being saved, MIDI drums carrying over, and tempo. So, in that case, there's usually some extra file with that info written into it, aside from the raw wav''s. No worries. Thanks dude

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RFR View Post
    Yes.

I purposely keep on an SSD ALL my raw wav files. Anything done in reaper, protools, tape, etc. Anything and everything gets saved as WAV

What if a few years I can't use PT for whatever reason?. Still got the source.
    Hope you keep a backup of the SSD. In the 90s, I had a hard drive and my 5 1/4" back up floppies stop working at the same time. Luckily, I was super careful at that point, and I also made back up 3 1/2" disks, which saved the day.
    www.CollaborativeTherapy.com
    "If the The Beatles or the '60s had a message it was 'Learn to Swim'. And once you've learned - Swim".
    John Lennon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spantini View Post
    That really does suck - sorry to hear that one. I just installed a Reaper update and it wiped all the channel settings in my audio driver.

Is it possible to run another update over this one, or you don't want to take the chance of further corruption?
    Spantiini, how often does Reaper screw up for you like this? A lot? Occasionally?
    www.CollaborativeTherapy.com
    "If the The Beatles or the '60s had a message it was 'Learn to Swim'. And once you've learned - Swim".
    John Lennon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gvdv View Post
    Hope you keep a backup of the SSD. In the 90s, I had a hard drive and my 5 1/4" back up floppies stop working at the same time. Luckily, I was super careful at that point, and I also made back up 3 1/2" disks, which saved the day.
    Not only do I have a backup but I have raw vav files on flash drives. Storage being as cheap as it is nowadays, there's no reason not to.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gvdv View Post
    Spantiini, how often does Reaper screw up for you like this? A lot? Occasionally?
    Actually, this is the only negative experience I've had with Reaper. I've done many updates and they've all gone extremely well, and fast.

Considering my update history with Reaper, I think it's just a one-time deal. Rebooting the audio driver corrected the problem.
    Failure - - the path of least persistence
    And, uh, oh - hire a decorator to come in here quick, 'cause... DAMN.

Thanks
    Wish I had seen your post earlier as I knew the source of your issue. Back in May when S4 was released, the selection for high dpi scaling was removed but they added it back in 4.1. For everyone who enjoys the large real estate with 1080p/4K monitors, the resolution needed to be tweaked due to disabling high dpi etc. Regardless, I went through the same issue but solved it the same day as I had seen the same thing occur with other software that uses high dpi. I saw the post below on the Presonus forums for S4:

Completed 4.1: Please bring back the option to disable the High DPI scaling - Questions & Answers | PreSonus

Completed 4.1: Please bring back the option to disable the High DPI scaling - Questions & Answers | PreSonus

Try 2nd link inside the quotes if 1st doesn’t work.

Glad you were able to get it sorted! Personally I love Studio One and never had any issues. S4 really bridged the gap with a ton more functionality as well as under the hood fixes towards performance etc.
    Feel free to hit me up if you run into additional issues and will do my best to assist.
    Last edited by waterbound; 2 Days Ago at 14:45. Reason: Link

12. The Following User Says Thank You to waterbound For This Useful Post:

Thread Information