Presonus ASIO, Multimedia ASIO or WDM?

SoundAsleep

What's the difference in the 3? I was asked which I was using as I am having issues with popping during playback. How would I switch between them to try to solve the problem.

ASIO is used in softwares like Cubase, wavelab, nuendo, reaper etc...
WDM is mainly used in Sonar..
Multimedia ASIO is most likely your computer's non-recording sound card's driver.

SoundAsleep said:
What's the difference in the 3? I was asked which I was using as I am having issues with popping during playback. How would I switch between them to try to solve the problem.

What software are you using?

since you mentioned presonus... i assume your using one of their products... in almost ALL cases your best off useing the drivers written for your specific card/convertor... at least i dont know of anyone whose done better with either of the microsoft drivers... the possible exception is when using two interfaces of differing manufactures i have heard of someone gettin good results with asio4all... what makes you think it's a driver problem???? most likely it's not...

Last edited:
If youre using a Presonus card, you need to be using the Presonus ASIO. You won't get the true performance of your card otherwise.

Back