presonus

jimistone

long standing member
Well, the lexicon omega interface I have been using for years has stressed me out for the last time! Everything I got ready to record It took an act of God to load the correct ASIO driver and by the time I finished screwing around with it for an hour I was too worn out to record a decent vocal or guitar performance. Well, a friend of mine recorded with me last week and said. Man, this sucks...I'm going to get something better. He bought the presonus 44 VSL and parked it in my studio.

I hope it is more stable than the lexicon omega. Actually the lexicon omega really records good after you get the drivers loaded.

If it's a good unit I want to thank kcearl for steering me in the right direction. If it sucks I want to blame kcearl for steering me in the wrong direction.
Lol.

I haven't had to think about my interface except levels for years. Lexicon U42S. It's not perfect but it's stable. My friend uses a UA101 - same deal.

I have a Presonus USB, the VSL is supposed to be better. If my unit is any indication, you should not have any issues once it is set. One thing I did notice, if you plug it into different USB ports, you had to reinstall the driver. That was a couple of years ago, I haven't any issues of other than that.

Back