playback problem

trifonius

Hi all,

Sorry, this is my third post in a different place but i guess this is the forum where i should be.

Since I moved to a new place I seem to have a problem with the playback of audio files.
Whether I play a Reason or a Cubase file or a wav/mp3 with mediaplayer, the playing gets interrupted with small delays, pops and cracks.
I don't know the english word for the Dutch "haperen", but an online dictionary offers "to stick" (hope it makes sense) .

I suspect it has something to do with the electricity situation in my room, but to be honost I'm quite a moron with this stuff.
So programs and playback are working, it's just that all audio files go on the blink (? this is another translation i found).

Somebody have a clue?
Thans guys!

whatever youre doing could be too taxing on your CPU, what are you running on? also check all your latency settings in your programs. if youre running a CPU that cant handle it youll have to set all the latency settings high. also might want to check your buffer settings. hope this helps.

the froot

Is everything on your system set to the same sample rate and bit depth?

I know that sometimes Sonar will automatically change itslelf back to 16/44.1 when I am not looking and it is pop,wobble, and lock time.

Back