PC Recording fades in and out??

bracertj

i recently had to have my motherboard changed and since i got it back, i have had the problem of my recordings fading. like if, im not playing punishing power chords at high distortion or something...the level jumps all over the board on playback. its like it waits to hear a sound, then increases the level, and as the sound subsides, the level of the recording drops off considerably. this is basically halted my recording of acoustic and softer songs. i tried switch to direct line rather than a mic. nothing different happened. i disabled the C-Media 3D 'environment' or whatever its called. but still somewhere between the mic and the recording software the sound is being clipped and faded if input levels arent at a rediculously high level. i have also tried just recording with the generic standard windows recorder and had the same results. i was before the new board and still am running XP Pro. and (i know this is sad) but im not sure of the new board that was installed. any suggestions?

Are you using the onboard sound device or a sound card?

Any chance of getting an exchange, in either case?

its onboard sound. i uninstalled the driver, rebooted and let windows do an auto intsall of a new driver, and still am having the problems.

Well onboard sound is not really for recording Guitar or really anything...

If you want to do Proper recording you should get a Proper Recording Interface (Sound Card) and then I"m sure this Problem will dissapear....

You can get something to record with for under $100....

:)

Back