Part One of the Logic Audio Saga: "The Celebration"

pisces7378

There is no other way to say it on earth other than... Thank Holy God, Jesus, Buddah, Sai Babah, Ala, The Sun and Oak Trees (for you Druid followers out there), and the Gods of Mount Olympus....

I got it to “work”. My Logic Audio works. I have had it for freakin 3 months now and I haven’s so much as heard a sound come from it.
No Metronome “Midi-Click”, No patches from my JV 1010, Not even a stupid sounding duck call or one of the other goofey sounds that comes in sound modules these days. I bought the most expensive PC audio/sequencer in Munich, and since my whole department got layed off by Renault, I haven’t had a dime (or a Pfennig) to save for the audio sound card that I need to work with audio. So I have been disappointed that I was only going to get to “work” with MIDI. And then I realised… GOD D@*# IT!!! I can’t even get the MIDI to work. I downloaded a JV 1010 Environment from ANOTHER FORUM WEBSITE <had to add that> and still nothing. I went to the music store where I bought everything so many times it got embarrassing, and I posted 10,000,000 threads here, still not a damn sound.

Guys….. for 3 months, I HAVE HAD IT PLUGGED IN WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!

A lesser man would probably not tell anyone, but I think that I deserve “The Boob of the Year Award” for this one. It was a really simple mistake of plugging an IN where an OUT should be. What an idiot. I must defend myself and say that the guy at the music store is who told me to do it the way I had it. But still…

Anyway this is my small victory thread.

However I have to put the cork back in the champagne bottle because, I still know relatively NOTHING about how to use the environments. The only hurdle that I want to jump now is patch lists and banks. I have a Roland JV 1010 and a Midi sport 2x2 controlled by an Evolution MK 149 keyboard. And I want to get the patches and banks into the Logic Audio Platinum v. 4.7.1 program so that I can select the patches with the computer instead of the actual device. Frankly because at the moment, it says something like… Steel Drum Ensemble on the screen, but the JV 1010 sounds like a slap bass guitar. I have already experimented and read the manual cover to cover 5 or 6 times (no small feet considering the “weight” of that book) and I know that there is a way to delete the default patch names and add the patch names of “many major brand sound modules including Roland”. However when I go into the Logic Audio program and look through the “Roland J Series Sound Modules” I find a Roland JV 1080 and a JV 1000 and a JV 2080 and a handful of other JV xxxx modules but no JV 1010. Now the 1010 seems to be the most popular sound module on the market here in Munich seeing as EVERY store guy crams it in your face the minute you mention computer music and it is prominently displayed in every store here, so I can’t imagine why Logic would leave it out.

Can someone out there that has a JV 1010 please explain to me how I get the patch names without having to copy them by hand.

Also what do I do for the Bank section? It says in the manual for LAP that I should consult my Manuel from my sound module to find what the bank settings should be. However, unlike the War & Peace book that came with Logic Audio, my JV 1010 came with a little more than a brochure. It is useless except to keep up with the patch names etc..

Anyway, I am going to go and post another question about converting MIDI into audio so that I can screw with the effect plug ins that make LAP so famous. SO if you have a heart then please go and read that one as well. But thanks in advance for any tips on the patches and banks.

Happily Yours,
Mike

congratulations man on getting it to work.

The banks are 80,81 and 84

80 is user
81 is A,B,C,D,E
84 is the session board

81 has lsbs of 0,1,2,3,4 for ABCDE
84 has 0,1 for session 1-127-128-255

for example, if you want to choose sound number 56 in category C,
make sure that in the mixer section of logic(ctrl-M), you select "SHOW banks"

then in the msb, enter 81(for the categories), in the lsb, enter 2(for category C) in the bank, enter 55(for sound number 56)
Voila.

Also, in midi settings make sure that you select to send bank and program messeges on startup.

THis is the hard way of course. I am using the environment that I downloaded and you just point and click. Which environment did you download.

I had to rebuild my audio environment around the jv1010 environment, and that took me a good two hours.

peace

Back