Omni Studio, Logic, and Windows ME

M_Moore

I am considering upgrading from Magix Music Studio Generation 6, which I have discovered is not compatible with Windows ME, to Logic Gold which is available from Sam Ash for $150. My current setup is as follows:

M-Audio Omni Studio
Delta 66 soundcard

PC Pentium III – 1 GHz
256 MB RAM
40 GB HD
Windows ME 4.90.3000

Here are my questions:

1. Does anyone have experience with running Logic Gold under ME and is it stable?
2. Do any Omni Studio users care to comment about how well the Omni integrates with Logic Gold?
3. Is Logic Gold a good value at $150? I realize it lags Logic Platinum 5 but I am not sure that I need all of the firepower of Logic 5.

Thanks for the help.

M_Moore,

1. Does anyone have experience with running Logic Gold under ME and is it stable?

I have never tried but again no one should be using Windows ME for anything except a drink coaster. Do you self a favor and at least move up to Windows 2000. XP would be ideal. Even Win98SE is better than ME for anything audio.

2. Do any Omni Studio users care to comment about how well the Omni integrates with Logic Gold?

I have the Onmi/Delta and it works great.

3. Is Logic Gold a good value at $150? I realize it lags Logic Platinum 5 but I am not sure that I need all of the firepower of Logic 5.

Depends where you are at and where you are going. Obviously, if you have the cash and the patience to learn Logic Platinum and get full value from it's feature set - then rock on.

Cheers,

Cuzin B

Cuzin B,

Thanks for all the information. I have been hearing nothing but bad news about ME so it might just be time to upgrade to 2000. You live and you learn.

Thanks,

M

Back