Old guy moving on?

jamesthegold

Hi,
My first post!
Im 61 and have been using the M audio Project mix for years and I understand how it works................... and then all of

the fun started no new software updates!!!

I have tried 1 fix from the internet but my system is now unstable, I use cubase and Mac mini

Its such a pity because the PMIO is so good for normal users

Does any body have a real fix for so that I can use it with (my) latest release form apple 10.11.6 ?

i do not really want to get a new desk, its not the money but getting used to a new system

So must I move on? what the best affordable system similar to PMIO?

Thanks for your replies

jamesthegold

Any audio interface that is compatible with your version of OS X is going to probably be pretty simple to plug in and get going with.

I'd start by listing the features of your current box that you use and like, and fix your price, and then start filtering. Stick with USB 2.0 for the maximum forward compatibility, and those should generally be compatible with your version of OS X. (I checked a Focusrite 2i4 and it says 10.10 onward. Another frequent suggestion around here, the Native Instruments KA6, though, says 10.12 - no idea why, but you'll want to confirm that important spec.)

One thing I learned about my Mac products is to not wait too long to upgrade the OS X version. I download them when then come out, and wait a while, but ultimately do the upgrade so as to not get left behind on application software updates that require a later version. Not sure how old your Mini is, but my 2010 MacBook Pro is finally topped out at High Sierra. My 2012 Mini (still on Sierra) will now get the upgrade to H.S., and I'll download Mojave so I have it around. (That will probably be the last one for that system.)

icon qcon prox is one I've been looking at getting for a while now, can't say for sure how it would work with your mac but it looks like a good unit. I'm still using a frontier alphatrack, works great and is only one fader, you can easily switch between tracks and quickly adjust something.

Hi! thanks for the replies

i had a look at all the options and probably will end up spending some money, but after Christmas!

I will update my progress then

James the gold

Back