ok..so where are these drivers for E MU on Windows 7?

So I FINALLY make the change from XP to 7 in an effort to make 24 bit Recordings and
even though its only been 4 hours I'd have to say I"M SCREWED".
I love this E MU soundcard,but its crazy how technoligy can screw with you.If XP had
WASAPI I'd be rolling in 24 bit recordings.But WASAPI didn't start till 7 and I can.t get this
card to work on 7 !
I was so close to hitting the 24 bit plateau but
shit happens to me like this. I got a (had) 90 MPH boat and dude at the machine shop
switched motors on me.So as im breaking in the fresh rebuilt motor by the time it was ready to go flat out ,which was now 75 I go back there and they closed shop ! Great...
now all's I got is A fast looking ski boat.

Hi Dave, I have a similar problem. I have gotten rid of all my XP computers but have just been given a rather nice Canon Power Shot A40 camera. Got the box, mint, books and discs but the thing only talks XP! W7 will run the drivers but then says they did not install correctly and the camera is not recognized.

I have two options,
1) Download a VM program and run XP I have a disc.
2) Find a "clunker" cheap from a S/H or charity shop. I did buy an XP tower for £9.99 from a charity shop some years ago but that machine is long gone.

I shall likely go with the second option because I don't really want to stuff my laptop with all that crap just to run a camera. (it's about 3.5G!)

I think I have read of others having some luck with the Softpedia drivers. Hope you do too!

Dave.

Just checked out the E MU Drivers at Softpedia and I still might be SOL because I have the older PCI
version. Should I try the PCIe Drivers anyway?

Hi Dave, I have a similar problem. I have gotten rid of all my XP computers but have just been given a rather nice Canon Power Shot A40 camera. Got the box, mint, books and discs but the thing only talks XP! W7 will run the drivers but then says they did not install correctly and the camera is not recognized.

I have two options,
1) Download a VM program and run XP I have a disc.
2) Find a "clunker" cheap from a S/H or charity shop. I did buy an XP tower for £9.99 from a charity shop some years ago but that machine is long gone.

I shall likely go with the second option because I don't really want to stuff my laptop with all that crap just to run a camera. (it's about 3.5G!)

I think I have read of others having some luck with the Softpedia drivers. Hope you do too!

Dave.

Cheap CF card reader. I have a Canon G1 about the same vintage and W7 doesn't see it via USB. Canon's ZoomBrowser may work, but is overkill for the most part.
Very much recommend free FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter for editing pics.

Cheap CF card reader. I have a Canon G1 about the same vintage and W7 doesn't see it via USB. Canon's ZoomBrowser may work, but is overkill for the most part.
Very much recommend free FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter for editing pics.

Thanks Mark, got one! An Integral HY-01001 and it works fine. I was warned in some reviews that the teensey, tiny pins are fragile and get easily bent but I am used to handling small electronics stuff so no sweat. Must have been a clumsy b'std!

But, the software has some interesting functions, not least stop motion and I would like to have a play. Not in a rush so can wait for a $30 or so for an XP lump to surface. Will leave a note at a few charity shops.

Dave.

2 thoughts:

1) which device? They still offer drivers for a lot of their devices: Creative Worldwide Support. They list support up through Vista, so odds are good they'll work on 7+. (The big difference being 32 vs. 64 bit architecture, but if they supported all versions of XP and Vista, that's covered)

2) Are you keeping this computer offline? Win7 is being sunsetted next January, which means that someone is going to find a security vulnerability, and you will not get it fixed. At which point, you'll be vulnerable to any hacker who wants to own your Win7 box unless it's offline.

"Win7 is being sunsetted next January, which means that someone is going to find a security vulnerability, and you will not get it fixed. At..." Ah! Now Steve, I would like a ruling on this if anyone knows?

If I have an image of a W7 HDD made say after the last update and I am unfortunate enough to get hacked will I be able to re install that last, best image of W7 and of course forever stay offline?

Or, say I have not made an image, can I just install W7 from a disc and ultimately get it authorised?

Can I get all the updates of the HDD and keep them to use after a format and re install?

I know this seems a lot of trouble just to keep an obsolete OS but not so much compared to the hassle W10 has already caused me and the much worse horrors I read about.

Dave.

"
If I have an image of a W7 HDD made say after the last update and I am unfortunate enough to get hacked will I be able to re install that last, best image of W7 and of course forever stay offline?

Or, say I have not made an image, can I just install W7 from a disc and ultimately get it authorised?

Can I get all the updates of the HDD and keep them to use after a format and re install?

Those solutions should be feasible. (I just retired my air-gapped XP computer this winter, and it ran fine the whole time)

I can't say for sure that they'll let you re-authorize a new install after January. Part of their plan for retiring 7 is that you can still get support and upgrades for the next 3 years, but you have to pay a gradually escalating price each year. They have policies regarding letting you downgrade, but that will depend on your original license

Computerworld has a pretty good breakdown of the full timeline.

Back